Home of the Coordinated Community Revival Project [CCRP] of Supremacy 1914

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Posting (READ FIRST)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rage

PostSubject: Posting (READ FIRST)   Wed May 11, 2011 4:11 pm

The most important thing to remember about the CCRP forums is that we are a platform for discussion of issues and their possible solutions in regards to Supremacy 1914.

This is not a forum to make complaints!!
If you have any issues with S1914 features, please make use of the feedback area in the official S1914 forums.
Users who continue to make complaints here will be excluded from the discussion community without warning.

The way that this forum is set up is that each topic will have a forum, and in each forum will contain a thread for each discussable point.

For example:
Forum = What are the causes inactivity?
Thread = Player does note like their country
= Player was attacked on the first day

Regular members must post in the 'general discussion' thread for each topic if they wish to have a new thread created, and an admin or veteran member will then create the thread if it is acceptable. This is to prevent spam and useless thread being created.

Remember to be courteous and post in a well written manner to ensure that discussion can continue at full potential. These forums do not follow S1914 rules so make sure you listen to anything that the organisers have to say.

questions are welcome. this was written very speedily so apologies for any mistakes or confusion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vathek

PostSubject: Re: Posting (READ FIRST)   Wed May 11, 2011 4:54 pm

I continue to find this site incredibly confused and confusing, and I am not sure that starting multiple new threads is necessarily going to be the answer. It is bad enough now with just a handful of posters, and will be a nightmare if the site gets a flood of new posters.

I have to admit that there is something about the forum layout and functionality that I find very off-putting, although I am not sure I can put my finger on what exactly it is. But if large numbers of new posters are going to be directed to an ideas forum then I would suggest giving a bit more thought to structure and content and maybe setting up a different sort of site, otherwise we will just get 20 pages of repetitive and/or misguided comment on each thread, with a few gems lost in the mire; to be followed by a nightmare job of summarising and collating views.

I really do think that it is worth taking the time to create something like http://lunarlollipop.co.uk/drupal/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rage

PostSubject: Re: Posting (READ FIRST)   Wed May 11, 2011 11:40 pm

The funny thing is I tried to make something similar to what you suggested earlier :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vathek

PostSubject: Re: Posting (READ FIRST)   Fri May 13, 2011 7:00 pm

Looks like Spielor decided to hold the discussion on the S14 forum anyway. TBH, as I said when this was initially set up, I think the main forum is a better place anyway if you want to get serious feedback and discussion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rage

PostSubject: Re: Posting (READ FIRST)   Mon May 16, 2011 2:30 pm

Yeah I discussed with the devs and we all decided it would be much better to hold the discussion in the forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posting (READ FIRST)   

Back to top Go down

Posting (READ FIRST)
Page 1 of 1